Search engine optimization (SEO) does work, but SEO practice is not as simple as adding some keywords to a site. If that were the case, we would all be a lot richer. Often businesses will attempt a few SEO strategies once or take a buckshot approach to it, and that is why they aren’t seeing the results that were hoped for. Their SEO expectations were not met, and now they think it’s pointless or an actual scam.
So what should you expect from SEO? First, it is important to note that SEO is not a one-and-done task. SEO is an entire discipline – there are many facets to consider. For example, the following are some distinct aspects of the SEO discipline:
- On-site SEO – meta, alt tags, interlinking
- Technical SEO – page speed, redirects
- Local SEO – local listings, Google Business Profiles, NAP score
- Content marketing – fresh, regular, unique content
- User experience – responsive design, navigation
Before implementing any SEO best practices, you must know what your business goals are and how you measure success. This will be the road map to building the correct plan for your business. If you are looking to engage with a digital marketing agency, be prepared to ask some of the following questions:
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your current monthly traffic?
- Where is your traffic coming from?
- How are your conversion rates?
- Who is your biggest competitor?
- What are your biggest marketing challenges or bottlenecks?
If you cannot answer all of these scoping questions, don’t worry. It simply means, you need a website audit. Allowing Corporate Conversions to review your website, analyze your traffic, review any current or past marketing campaigns, do a competitive analysis, and provide you with an additional list of questions will help set the stage for a marketing plan to help your business succeed.
Once an SEO plan of action is agreed upon and put into motion, you can expect to start seeing results in 3 to 6 months on average. This can vary depending on the competitive landscape and what needs to be done to help your business stand out from the crowd, but this has been our experience in helping clients and what we recommend for SEO expectations.
If you are considering optimizing your website or would like a website audit, fill out our contact form and we can walk you through what the next steps look like.